Friday, September 9, 2011

Reaching for the Stars!

Today we read the book "How to Catch a Star" by Olilver Jeffers. The message in the story is an important one to remember: Reach for the stars and never give up, keep on trying. When we finished the story we talked a little bit about some of the things we're trying to get better at. Here's what we said:

Reading! -Kendall
Iwant to have nice printing and spell words right and math. -Lindsay
I want to draw better. -Tristan
I want to write better, like get all the words right. -Jolene
Sports! -Sam
Soccer! -Nicholas
I want to get better at crafts and swimming. -Madeline
I want to get better at working. -Alexander
Get better at reading. -Sydney R
I want to get better at hockey and soccer and swimming. -Taylor
I want to learn how to catch a star! -Sydney H
I really want to learn how to draw some animals. -Rylee
I want to learn how to do my pictures better. -Jonathon
I want to write good and get all the words right. -Peyton
I want to write my name in handwriting better. -Jadyn
I want to get better at reading. -Cameron
I want to get better at math. -Ashley

Have a wonderful weekend... we'll be back on Monday!

2 comments:

Mrs. Dent Scarcello said...

Hello Grade 1 and 2!
What a great story to read at the beginning of the year, I love this book! I think you have very good ideas for things you want to get better at. This year I am going to work on helping other teachers feel more confident using technology in their classrooms. You are going to have a great year with Mrs. Malkoske!
Mrs. Dent Scarcello :)

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading this book and I like the star that Mrs. Malkoske gave us! I put mine in a special place. (Kendall)